I am there!!!!!update:No I'm not

But dmanb2b :!: I read in another thread somewhere that you could burn up a SWG with too much salt :shock: Too much voltage, or something like that. Would it know to turn itself off :?:

JasonLion said:
Take it easy for a moment and slow down. You said the ProLogic is happy with the salt level. Why replace water if the SWG is happy?
Just saw your post Jason.
But how accurate is the Pro Logic compared to the test strips :?: That is a lot of differece. Also, I've never turned on the SWG. FC just today dropped to 5. Will it cut off if the salt is too high :?:

Likewise, there is some variation in CYA readings from test to test. You still need to add some CYA, but it might not be as much as the most recent test appears to indicate. I would add another 5 lbs and then see where you are.

If the SWG is reporting high salt levels, then yes you need to replace water. But if the SWG is happy then it is happy and you don't need to worry about it. Sometimes the SWGs idea of the salt level is wrong. Sometimes the test strips are wrong. Sometimes they are both wrong. Neither one matters if everything works correctly. It is only when the SWG refuses to work that you need to try and figure out what is actually going on.

So turn it on and see what happens :?: I don't want a post July 4th fireworks show :) Any suggestion as to what % :?:

One other question. If I've never turned on the SWG, where's the salt reding of 2800 coming from :?:

JasonLion said:
If the SWG is reporting high salt levels, then yes you need to replace water. But if the SWG is happy then it is happy and you don't need to worry about it. Sometimes the SWGs idea of the salt level is wrong. Sometimes the test strips are wrong. Sometimes they are both wrong. Neither one matters if everything works correctly. It is only when the SWG refuses to work that you need to try and figure out what is actually going on.

That is just WAY TOO PRACTICAL :goodjob:

Lynn, don't try to force the unit into accepting something you think is correct when it doesn't agree - unless you have good reason to do so :wink:

Enjoy the pool and don't 'over think' the little issues :-D

Yes, turn it on and see...

The 2800 is the default reading - use the diagnostic to find out the 'instant salinity' as it is ~ reliable (within +/ - 500 ppm). :cheers:

O.K. I put the SWG at 40% and it came on. Numbers I saw in the Diagnostic menu were +26.09V and +8.18A. I assume volts and amps. The #'s mean nothing to me :? Salt 3700. Whew, way better than 4870. It cut off after about 20 secs and said check salt. I told it I had already done that. :lol: I changed it to 20% and it stayed running.

Also, I scrolled to where it said Instant salt 3700, +=save. What do I do there???

Just went and checked on things and my diagnostic menu read 0V, 0A, 0000ppm. So I guess the SWG turned itself off :?: There was no check system light on or errors that I could see. SWG setting is still at 20%. Why would it have turned off??
My FC was at 5 this evening before turning on the SWG, if that matters.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Jason.
My FC yesterday evening before turning on SWG was 5. This morning around 6:00 it was FC 7 with SWG on last night at 20%. So I turned my SWG down to 10%.
My pump schedule has been as follows: High 6a.m.-8a.m. Low from 8a.m.-6a.m. Maybe I don't need to run it 24hrs????
Any thoughts????

Also, my Default menu is showing salt at 3700 and my Diagnostic menu is showing salt at 3900. No blinking lights, bells, or whistles going off, so am I o.k. or should I try to lower it??????

JasonLion said:

Lynn, you should be OK. No bells, lights or whistles means the SWG is happy with the level.

As far as your pump schedule, I wouldn't run it on high unless you are vacuuming or doing something else that requires a high flow. I leave my 2-speeder on low 24x7 unless I'm cleaning the pool. I could probably get by with a shorter runtime, but have subscribed to FPM's "I'm too lazy to put it on a timer" dogma. :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.