Ideas for Pool House

Jul 13, 2007
Now that the pool is built, our wish list is turning to a pool house that may help to keep guests out by the pool instead of running in and out of the house. I was just wondering if there were any of you out there that would be willing to share any lessons learned or things to consider as we try to come up with an efficient layout. I would really like to keep the size reasonable so that I can keep the cost down. Probably no more than 12 x 16 max but would like to incorporate some storage space a small bath and maybe a small fridge for drinks etc. We would probably tackle the project ourselves except for tying to the septic system :lol: I have found some pics but if anyone wants to share more, that would be great. Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

When I think of a pool house, my ideal one would be a small enclosed area for storage/equipment, and another nicer area for a changing room/potty. And then outside, still under roof, a small bar/counter, under which you could have the little fridge, storage for plastic glasses, blender, etc. Sorry no photos

When house hunting a few years back I saw one I liked. It had the long dimension parallel to the pool. If you faced it, the right few feet would be teh bath with entrance on back right of the building, but still on the right face. The front right corner, but still on right face was on exterior shower head. The back left of the building was storage. The front left was the entrace and the whole center core area was a bar totally open to the pool. 12' seems like a lot of width for that bar so maybe they had a second storage area in the back with a door back there. They had under counter fridge and the like. I could probably sketch it if you needed.

sounds great and a sketch would help. Just another one of those things relating to the pool that we have one shot at getting right...kind of like shape and location of our pool in the backyard! I am not talking about a huge building so its not really a "pool house" but more like a "pool pup tent" so smart use of space is really what I am having trouble with. I like the idea of the shower head on the exterior wall although I am not sure anyone would actually use it. With a SWG, you just dont feel icky when you get out. Still, I like it just in case and it doesn't cost much extra....unless you consider getting the hot water out there. I have access to cold water from where they installed my sprinkler system. I don't have gas out there and I am not sure I have enough power for an electric heater although I did have a couple of extra circuits laying dormant out there right now. Thanks again and keep those ideas coming!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.