pool heat laars help

Jul 2, 2009
Got a Laars lx 250 n-c heater its shot we live in ny only used maybe 2-3 months year about 7-8 yrs old any body have problems with this repair guy said leaks dangerous supposed to be a great heater want to replace it is it normal for them to fail after short use does company offer any warranty purchased house 1 1/2 years ago advice please

it says it is laars teledyne 250,000 btu natural gas LX250N-C leaks gas flame roll out bad inducer motor for that short of time used i would think it wouldn't be trashed in 7-8 years any info on these

I would agree, it should last longer, my Laars is 8 years and going strong. IF the pool chemistry wasn't maintained properly, and if the heater wasn't winterized properly, it could be not salvagable.

Hopefully one of the equipment experts will offer advice shortly (this is their busy season, so you may have to be patient.)

The LX is pricey to fix. The problems probably started with the leaks due to bad water chemistry and then spread from there. If you have to replace the heat exchanger ($1200 + a few hours of open heart surgery), I'd consider replacing it with a newer, more efficient, less problematic heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.