Self Build - 18 x 36 Vinyl - Tallahassee Florida

I tried to make my own plates using sheet gasket from an auto parts store. It didn't hold. I ended up capping the pvc pipe right before the skimmer return to do the pressure test. I told the inspector that give the design of the return there was no way to pressure test the return while attached to the skimmer. He was fine with it. YMMV

- - - Updated - - -

We go the liner installed on Saturday. The pool has water!!!!! -- I watched several youtube videos and had a strong shopvac which did the trick on setting the liner. Updated photos soon!

Chris MY question is...............Is it hose water or rain water??? With all of the rain we have had I bet it is about half and half :shock:

Know the water might have a green color to it. This is normal. Once you get it all balanced that should go away.

Kim:kim:

liner pics!

pool001.jpg

pool003.jpg

pool004.jpg

Chemistry is fun!

I got my filter and pump running. They have been running for about 5 hours. I've had the pool full since Wednesday and have only added bleach and one packet of dichlor until now. I filled a tube sock with CYA granules and that has been in the skimmer for 5 hours roughly. Just did the following tests and got these results:

PH - 7.6
FC - 4 ppm
CYA - > 2 ( to be expected hasn't been long enough, right
TA - 160

I'm using pool math to calculate chemical amounts and will continue to raise the CYA and test again tomorrow. Should I be trying to lower TA and PH at this point? This is all leading to adding the salt for the SWG -- I can't tell you all how helpful this website and the test kit is. Thanks for any advice at this point.

Lets get everything else balanced THEN work on TA. Go jump in the pool and squeeze the sock to get the CYA dissolved. Once it is all dissolved let the pump run for a while (over night or all day) so it is all mixed in good.

Once the CYA is gone you can "know" it is ?? CYA due to what you targeted and how much you added.

How is the water looking?

Use liquid chlorine to get and keep your FC where you need it for your "targeted" CYA. SWG is good for maintaining the FC but not so good at getting the FC up to the level.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Kim,

Checked the FC last night before going to bed was at 4ppm -- I've added 8 of the 12 pounds of CYA pool math tells me I'll need to get CYA between 60-70 which should be my goal with SWG- going to pick up another container on the way home. Keeping FC up with 8.6% bleach. When should I start adding salt?

You can add salt now. No need to wait. Make sure to let it circulate for 24 hours or so before firing up the SWCG.

Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.