Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Self Build - 18 x 36 Vinyl - Tallahassee Florida

1. Back To Top    #41

Re: Self Build - 18 x 36 Vinyl - Tallahassee Florida

Quote Originally Posted by chris_corzine View Post
    The floor got done on Friday and Saturday morning (working around the rain) -- I'm waiting on the test plates for my aquagenie skimmers, then I can do the pressure test. Getting there!
    @chris_corzine

I'm curios about the plates you used for your aquagenie skimmers, I couldn't find anything to fit in the return on mine to test.
    19,000 Gallon 16x32 IG Vinyl Liner with Spillover Spa
    Hayward C2030 Cartridge Filter, Hayward Super Pump VS, Hayward H-Series 200k btu
    Aqua Plus PL-PLUS 40k cell, TF-100 test kit w/ speed stir, K-1766 Taylor Salt Test

2. Back To Top    #42

I tried to make my own plates using sheet gasket from an auto parts store. It didn't hold. I ended up capping the pvc pipe right before the skimmer return to do the pressure test. I told the inspector that give the design of the return there was no way to pressure test the return while attached to the skimmer. He was fine with it. YMMV

- - - Updated - - -

We go the liner installed on Saturday. The pool has water!!!!! -- I watched several youtube videos and had a strong shopvac which did the trick on setting the liner. Updated photos soon!
    22k Gallon Inground Vinyl Liner Pool -Sand filter -Hayward 1.5hp pump - single speed - Pool build started Jun 2017 (self-building - under construction)- Circupool SJ40 SWG - Tallahassee, Florida.

3. Back To Top    #43

Chris MY question is...............Is it hose water or rain water??? With all of the rain we have had I bet it is about half and half

Know the water might have a green color to it. This is normal. Once you get it all balanced that should go away.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #44

liner pics!

22k Gallon Inground Vinyl Liner Pool -Sand filter -Hayward 1.5hp pump - single speed - Pool build started Jun 2017 (self-building - under construction)- Circupool SJ40 SWG - Tallahassee, Florida.

5. Back To Top    #45

That looks like it fits like it should! NICE!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #46

getting the filter and pump up and running today. Will followup soon with test results to see where I am.

7. Back To Top    #47

My there be NO leaks. Don't forget to put in unions!

Kim

8. Back To Top    #48

Chemistry is fun!

I got my filter and pump running. They have been running for about 5 hours. I've had the pool full since Wednesday and have only added bleach and one packet of dichlor until now. I filled a tube sock with CYA granules and that has been in the skimmer for 5 hours roughly. Just did the following tests and got these results:

PH - 7.6
    FC - 4 ppm
    CYA - > 2 ( to be expected hasn't been long enough, right
    TA - 160

I'm using pool math to calculate chemical amounts and will continue to raise the CYA and test again tomorrow. Should I be trying to lower TA and PH at this point? This is all leading to adding the salt for the SWG -- I can't tell you all how helpful this website and the test kit is. Thanks for any advice at this point.

9. Back To Top    #49

just to correct, previous message should have read CYA less than 20ppm

10. Back To Top    #50

Lets get everything else balanced THEN work on TA. Go jump in the pool and squeeze the sock to get the CYA dissolved. Once it is all dissolved let the pump run for a while (over night or all day) so it is all mixed in good.

Once the CYA is gone you can "know" it is ?? CYA due to what you targeted and how much you added.

How is the water looking?

Use liquid chlorine to get and keep your FC where you need it for your "targeted" CYA. SWG is good for maintaining the FC but not so good at getting the FC up to the level.

Kim

11. Back To Top    #51

water looks good, clear to the bottom, no hint of cloudiness or green. I will work on getting the CYA dissolved and report back tomorrow.

12. Back To Top    #52

some updated pictures, laid sod this weekend, worked on pool chemistry.

13. Back To Top    #53

That looks awesome!!!

Kim

14. Back To Top    #54

Thanks Kim,

Checked the FC last night before going to bed was at 4ppm -- I've added 8 of the 12 pounds of CYA pool math tells me I'll need to get CYA between 60-70 which should be my goal with SWG- going to pick up another container on the way home. Keeping FC up with 8.6% bleach. When should I start adding salt?

15. Back To Top    #55

You can add salt now. No need to wait. Make sure to let it circulate for 24 hours or so before firing up the SWCG.

Good luck.
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa
    Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflow 3050VS Pump and Pentair HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!
    Marty

16. Back To Top    #56

Chris do you have kids? If you do let them in the pool when you add the salt. One of our members calls it "diamond day" and the kids LOVE swimming in it and that really helps mix it up.

Kim

17. Back To Top    #57

Great -- I'll get to work on the salt. I've got a six year old son who will be very excited about the "diamonds"

18. Back To Top    #58

Just an update I've got salt in the pool salinity at 3500ppm -- working on getting my pump timer run length - SWG output level dialed in. Going well so far.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123