Self Build - 18 x 36 Vinyl - Tallahassee Florida

the floor will be complete today (I contracted it out) -- I'm working on the bonding grid. I bought bolt on bonding lay in bonding lugs for attaching the bare #8 to the metal pool walls. It's not clear from nec 680 how many places I should bond to the pool walls. It seems I could do as few as one (all the walls are mechanically connected. Or 4 (one per each side) -- any thoughts on this? I will clarify with the inspector when he is here for the plumbing test, but like to be as educated as I can - he already thinks I'm crazy for attempting a DIY build :)

NO WAY!! TALLAHASSEE????????? SWEET!!! Hi there neighbor! Looks like you have it all in hand and going good! Yeah this rain has been UNREAL! Everyday and sometimes twice a day :shock:

Do you have a test kit yet? I will tell you that I have NOT found a pool store in town that tests right :( I took the same sample to both of the PAP and the one L in town. I got three different answers with the prices going from $50 to $124 to "fix" my water even when I told them it looked good. :roll: Look in my siggy below for the test kit I think is the best bang for the buck. It will be MUCH easier and cheaper for you to test your own water even though the Pool $tores will test it for "free" LOL

I will call in one of our experts for the bonding wire question. It might take a few for them to get back to us.

Kim:kim:

You should connect the bonding grid to the pool wall at four places about equidistant around the pool. The reason for that is in case one or more of the bond wires get severed (dug up, corroded, broken underground, etc.) the pool wall is still bonded. If you just had one bond wire connected to the wall, because it's a metal wall it would be totally bonded, however if that wire got compromised, the entire wall would now be unbonded.

some updated photos from the past weekend of work.
image002.jpg

image001.jpg

image007.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kim, was wondering, did you fill your pool with city of Tallahassee water? If so, anything I need to account for. I've read pool school a couple of times, and I bought the tf-100 test kit. I bought solid CYA and plan to raise the CYA and FC (using bleach) and get PH in the zone first, then work on adding the salt. Any flaw in my plan? Any advice. I'm hoping to start filling on Saturday. My father in law is coming from Charleston to help me with the liner.

I am on SWEET SPRING well water. We live out The Parkway.

What you can do is run a test on the water. Do all of the tests except CYA as it has to be added. I bet you can call the city and ask how it access a water report. The main thing you will want to ask is about metals-iron and copper. MOST city water does not have it but I want to be on the safe side.

After you run the tests post the results here and we will go over what you need to do/buy/have on hand to balance your water.

Your plan is SOLID! I will keep a look out for you results.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.