Callout to great service from online vendor!

G

Not sure if the official sponsors will object, but I have to compliment an online site for excellent customer service that I have not seen in ages. The site is www.amerimerc.com

Our community pool pump died on Sunday. I wanted to get it back up and running before the holiday weekend. I ordered a pump the Whisperflo WFDS-26 (1.5HP uprated 2-speed energy efficient) on the website and added the comment about needing it asap.

I got a call back from the company the next morning saying that they did not have it in stock, and he tried to see if he had any coming in on the next shipment. He did not so I cancelled the order and starting to look elsewhere only to find these other sites being quite clear that you would not get anything before the holiday. I started to lose hope of having the pool running for the holiday.

Well about 10 minutes later I get a callback from the customer service guy. He found that he had the Whisperflo WFDS-4 (1HP, SFHP of 1.65 2-speed that had the same efficiency) in stock and could get it out to me that day!!! This after I had cancelled my order.

To top it off since I was overnighting it for $195, he skipped the handling charge and knocked $75 off the price to bring it closer to the original product pricing. I got the pump for under $800 with the overnighting charge for 51 pounds!

I was totally shocked that someone took the time to make it happen, instead of just saying "sorry."

I hope this is allowed because I feel that while we should warn others of bad companies, we should also recognize those who go out of their way, especially these days of virtual stores.

You know cynicism comes from experience, and I know how cynical we all are now when dealing with online sites, so this was truly a great experience.

Kind of restores your belief in others even in such hurried times.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.