The infamous stains before treatment....PICS

chris4150

LifeTime Supporter
I thought I would post pics of my "hydration stain" issue prior to the acid wash by the PB. It was a long battle but in the end it was the last resort to rid them. Not for the faint of heart....LOL...

Attachments

• IMG_0400.JPG
    IMG_0400.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 946
  • IMG_0401.JPG
    IMG_0401.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 922
  • IMG_0402.JPG
    IMG_0402.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 923
hey frustrated,

Ill have some pics of the after later tonight when I get home from work. Its nice to be able to look into the pool, sunny or not, and not have to see the stains anymore. Beats having to spend $5,500 for the plaster to be replaced with Pebble-tech. :party:

I almost have the water balanced back to specs....its looking good for the 4th of July weekend. :cheers:

I asked the warranty rep. the same question and it was explained to me like this: my pool was built and plastered this past winter. Because of the lack of warm temperatures, the remaining moisture on my gunite prior to plastering did not evaoporate. Therefore, a few months after my pool had been plastered the moisture that was now between the plaster and gunite was leaching through. The theory was to waite till after the summer to see if the stains finished leaching and eventually fade. Unfortunatley, my stains continued to migrate as depicted in the pictures. So instead of waiting till the end of summary, the PB ended up draining my pool and conducted an acid wash. After such, the pool shell was allowed to air out for two days. Given that Houston had several straight days of 100 degree temperatures, the plaster should have sufficiently dried out any remaining moisture. I tried to research this phenomenon, but there is very little literature on this type of stain. Whatever the stains were, they were ugly. Hope this helps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.