L cheapo hose problems solved!

Apr 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Well, after one two many times with plastic hose poblems, this is what I did to solve it...

I realize that when it comes time to service the filter and/or pump, I will have to cut pipe. But that will not be a problem seeing how I did all this in about 1 hour. I will probably get some treaded fittings. But right now, My main concern was preventing future hose blow offs and blow outs. After about two times of this happening I fixed it right this time. 8) :lol: :-D

Looks good! I'll be doing something similar this fall or spring (or sooner if I have a hose fail). My only concern is support for the piping. I think I've got something figured out to do that with, but have to do some investigating.

MikeInTN said:
Looks good! I'll be doing something similar this fall or spring (or sooner if I have a hose fail). My only concern is support for the piping. I think I've got something figured out to do that with, but have to do some investigating.

I was worried about support for the pipes too. But after the install and testing, it's not all that bad. These pipes are not as long as they look. The longest one was 20". I was surprised at how sturdy the whole thing is. I am convenced that this is far superior to the L cheapo hoses. :-D Maybe now, I don't have to worry about coming home from work on a hot day just when I want to jump into the pool only to find the pump running dry and a huge loss of water. :shock: This costed around 50 bucks. the biggest expense were the shut off valves at 10 bucks a piece. I used one 10' and half another length of 330PSI PVC (NOT THAT I will need that) but it is very thick and sturdy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.