Water is so green you could film a horror movie in it!

Jun 22, 2009
We are having a new liner installed in less than 10 days. In the interim our pool water is turning darker green each day. I'm sure there is mosquito larve in there and who knows what else. It's scary to look at. Since we'll be emptying it completely my hubby doesn't think we should waste the money to toss any chems in there. Hopefully it'll siphon OK when the day comes to empty it .. should I be adding any chems for any reason that anyone can think of??

Thanks!
Jeannie 8)

That's what I'm most concerned about. My pool is a breeding ground for that right now. I'll have to go on the internet and do some research to see if there is anything I can purchase. Funny we call them skeeters too! And flip flops are called flippy floppies, and chicken nuggets are chicken nuggies .. the list goes on. We have our own language .. can you tell I have kids? :)

Just bleach? Wow, that was easy. Just one prob ... our water level is only at 2 feet and our filter isn't hooked up. Should I just mix it as best I can with our metal pool skimmer and hope for the best?

Thank you!
Jeannie

Mosquito Dunks ought to be fine, they are OK to use in pet water and only hurt mosquitos. They do tend to crumble and so you may prefer the liquid sort, I have no idea how much it would take to do a pool and that might be the issue.

"Biological Mosquito control." Use in fish habitats, bird baths, animal watering troughs, roo gutters, unused swimming pools....Hazard to humans, causes moderate eye irtitation... Use 1 dunk per 100 q ft of surface area, use broken dunks for smaller areas. Works for 30 days.

About $16 per pack of 6 at Home Depot or Lowes or similar garden center.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.