Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rain Rain Go AWAY!

1. Back To Top    #1

Rain Rain Go AWAY!

So, we have had SO much rain in the last few weeks I am pretty sure I have had a complete water change. In less than a week my CYA has gone from 30 to 0, my chlorine is 0 and I am sure everything else is thrown off too. ( I am only willing to stand in the rain, lightning etc for so long to test). I have let out over 12 inches of rain water in the last 2 days.

I am guessing by the color of the water( [b]green[/b]) and the chem levels I am going to be starting from scratch. So any hints? I am going to hit it again with a bunch of bleach as soon as the rain stops..if it ever stops....6 1/2 inches so far this morning and it is still raining.
    Hurricane Rita did not kill me, but she killed my pool!

Intex 36'X18'x52" "elliptical pool"/ Hayward 220 filter/1HP pump 14,364 gal, or so

2. Back To Top    #2
    Are you in texas? I hear the lightening outside my office and the emminent rain is beginning to fall again
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

3. Back To Top    #3
    Yes, unfortunately I am in TX, South East Texas, right on the coast. ....it's getting ridiculous.

Intex 36'X18'x52" "elliptical pool"/ Hayward 220 filter/1HP pump 14,364 gal, or so

4. Back To Top    #4
    Cool, I see your are in Tomball....I am in Sabine Pass.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Top 10 Wettest U.S. Cities

The 10 rainiest cities in the continental U.S. by amount of annual rainfall include:

• Mobile, Alabama--67 inches average annual rainfall; 59 average annual rainy days
      Pensacola, Florida--65 inches average annual rainfall; 56 average annual rainy days
      New Orleans, Louisiana--64 inches average annual rainfall; 59 average annual rainy days
      West Palm Beach, Florida--63 inches average annual rainfall; 58 average annual rainy days
      Lafayette, Louisiana--62 inches average annual rainfall; 55 average annual rainy days
      Baton Rouge, Louisiana--62 inches average annual rainfall; 56 average annual rainy days
      Miami, Florida--62 inches average annual rainfall; 57 average annual rainy days
      Port Arthur, Texas--61 inches average annual rainfall; 51 average annual rainy days
      Tallahassee, Florida--61 inches average annual rainfall; 56 average annual rainy days
      Lake Charles, Louisiana--58 inches average annual rainfall; 50 average annual rainy days

Some Central and East Texas cities are gonna move up this year.

6. Back To Top    #6

Here in Houston I've had 28" in the last 13 weeks. Yeah, I keep records of everything that goes into my pool, including rain. Speaking of which, it's raining right now, AGAIN.
    Poor Man's Pool
    Doughboy 18 ft round above ground
    7600 gal with center drain
    Pentair sand filter, 1 HP pump
    50 ppm borates
    "I know just enough to be dangerous"
    Pool Calc Ver 1.41 (Excel)