Cloudy Pool Plese Help!!

naroe

Jul 1, 2009
Adrain, MI
Two weeks ago I opened our pool. Didn't look to bad. Topped of the water and started pump & filter 22inch meteor sand filter 1.5 hp Pentair Pump

I could see the bottom before I started sweeping and I didn't get half done before pool clouded over and i haven't seen the bottom since. Have tried a clarfier twice doesn't seem to help. My test results from the pool place are FC-3.8 TC-3.8 TA-74 PH-7.1 CA-257 CYA-9
Have been trying to raise stabilazer for over a week can't seem to get past 9.

Pool is 24 ft round 52in walls approx 14500 gal water

any ideas will be greatly appreciated thank you

Thank You for the help

the cya is of the pool store test. the last 5 days I've put in 6lbs of stabilizer and the most it moved according to their test was 6/19 cya-8 6/22 cya-6 6/24 cya-6 6/26 cya-8 6/27 cya-7 6/29 cya-7 6/30 cya-9

I bought a TF-100 test kit which arrived today and my test showed cya of 60

Yeah, you got a kit. Just in time. :party:

Trust YOUR reading. Your CYA is 60. Now go out and get some bleach, and shock your pool to a FC level of 24. (Refer to the CYA chart.) Use the Pool Calculator to figure out how much bleach that is.

You will hold your pool at shock level until the FC holds overnight. There is an article in Pool School with instructions on how to do the overnight FC loss test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.