Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pictures!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Pictures!!!

I'm trying to start different topics that contain pictures of everyday common pool items we always talk about here, sort of like a visual library to speak. Take a look in the suggestions forum to see what I am talking about. I would like to eventually have multiple categories, ie. types of algae/types of chemicals/types of pool finishes/ the list goes on.

So as a test run, why don't we try algae. If you know of or have pictures of your own of the different types of algae, mustard/green/black... this includes any molds and for the heck of it, lets include stains/metal or otherwise, please send them to me pointplee@yahoo.com and I will begin to set them up in a file that can be easily viewed, as oppose to everyone posting them in a thread and having to scroll down and down to find the iamge you are looking for.

Thanks
    CrazyCanuck

2. Back To Top    #2
    I could have helped you out with some Algae last week, but I shocked the bejesus out of it and it's long gone now.
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

3. Back To Top    #3
    Will do Canuck!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks Backglass!!!

hey, maybe some people can just let their pools go for awhile and get some algae going..

5. Back To Top    #5
    Or what about dipping some of their pool water into a clear container, setting it aside and ignoring it then take pics when the inevitable happens?

6. Back To Top    #6
    I thought it was impossible to get algae with BBB??? Is that not so? Are you betraying the BBB Gods.

7. Back To Top    #7

ahhhh, but its for the new members who have yet to start BBB!!!

8. Back To Top    #8

I guess no one has algae?

I think this is a great idea, just wish someone would send some pictures in. My pool was just completed last week and we are working on startup. I hope I'm not the first one sending pictures of algae in!
    32x20 Freeform (17,500 gal.) Inground pool Depth: 3-4.5-8 ft. Pentair 400k BTU heater, 320 Chlorinator, 420 Cartirdge filter, Easytouch wireless controler. Whisperflo 2hp circ pump, One main drain. 12" raised spa w/6 jets. (spillover) 750 sq. ft. stamped concrete, 6 ton moss rock waterfall with weeping rock wall, Whisperflow 1hp. waterfall pump. PCC2000 in-floor cleaning system, WetEdge Primera Stone "Tahoe Coast"