Paying the bills....

Kroger used to have a similar charitable contribution program. I would recommend investigating that. I would change where my donation would go to. (An ex-girlfriend still uses my card [emoji51])

We became pool owners for the first time at the end of last summer. I never fully felt like I had a handle on our pool, using pucks and test strips exclusively (yikes, I know!) and in general, blindly trusting pool store advice.

After an eye-opening experience at the start of this season at Leslie’s, I became determined to actually properly learn how to care for our pool and stumbled upon this site. Thank goodness I did! Just returning one unnecessary start-of-the-season pool store purchase after finding this site saved me $100 and my monthly costs are already trending much lower than last year. But I quickly learned that TFPC isn’t solely about cost savings. It’s about learning your pool, following scientifically-proven guidelines for keeping your pool safe, understanding what your pool needs and the effects of certain chemical additions. Because of what I’ve learned in the past month, I now have the confidence that I CAN handle any issues that arise. It’s very empowering! I no longer feel reactive, but proactive!

I probably spend more time tending to my pool now (more than average, I’m sure!), but it’s by choice and it’s fun now. I also know I will be rewarded with crystal-clear, sparkling water and a sanitary, swim-ready pool.

It may sound corny but finding and adopting the TFPC methodology has been life-changing. To know that I can properly care for my pool now is worth its weight in gold as is knowing that if things go sideways, I can come to this site and get great advice from the experts – who are VOLUNTEERS. Whenever we have a pool question, my boyfriend now tells me to “go ask my people”! :cool:

So, I am taking my pool store savings and giving it to the people who actually deserve it! If you have come here with a problem or seeking advice or recommendations and have tapped into the endless knowledge available on this site, please consider donating. If this site has assisted you in cleaning up a “swamp” or you’ve learned to prevent issues you’ve always dealt with (and spent tons of $$ to fix), isn’t that worth a few bucks? Believe me, it is. You WILL end of saving time and money by embracing this site and its methodology – you can take that to the bank! Please consider taking a fraction of that savings and help this site be here for many years to come!

DiverGirl1972,

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate those kind words. Thank you for the positive message and for your support. TFP prides itself on its mission of teach the Pool owner what they’re adding and what they’re doing. We pride ourselves in doing so in a manner the average pool owner can understand. We pride ourselves on the fact that we know Pool owners don’t wanna be bogged down with theories, they just want to be taught what works. They wanna go swimming and your support allows us to continue on that mission.

Thank you.

I just changed Smile.Amazon to Trouble Free Pool, Creedmoor NC charity. I do make a lot of purchases through Amazon and will start generating for you.
Thanks for all of TFP mods and forum members for helping make pool activity enjoyable.

I just changed my Amazon Smile charity to y'all. I've had such good success with keeping the pool clear and even on the few occasions it's gotten away from me, it gets cleared up quick with what I've learned here. Before I found TFP I was ready to get rid of the pool! Now it's enjoyed all summer :)

Thank You! What a great idea! I would have never thought to check out this option of donating through Amazon smile. I just went and changed my organization of choice to TFP. I just found this site within the past week and I can already tell it is going to be a total game changer for me! I am really excited to get started here, become an active part of this community, and learn from so many experienced pool owners!

Thank You! What a great idea! I would have never thought to check out this option of donating through Amazon smile. I just went and changed my organization of choice to TFP. I just found this site within the past week and I can already tell it is going to be a total game changer for me! I am really excited to get started here, become an active part of this community, and learn from so many experienced pool owners!
Thanks for thinking of TFP!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.