New build in Frisco TX

Re: New build in Frisco TX

I have to click on the links but they do show that way.

Now share the details of the size of the pool, depth, features, etc.

Also add in the details of the equipment as well.

Kim:kim:

Do you want to put chairs or loungers on the shelf? Do you want to just sit on it? The answers to these questions will tell you what size you want your shelf to be. Make sure to have enough room to walk if you want chairs or loungers.

Do you want to put chairs or loungers on the shelf? Do you want to just sit on it? The answers to these questions will tell you what size you want your shelf to be. Make sure to have enough room to walk if you want chairs or loungers.

We would like to put a small chair on the ledge ..50 sq ft seems to be good enough. Anyway they've laid steel bars today...we didn't expect them to be this fast.....so, i guess now we cannot make the ledge bigger. Can you tell me please, if the steel bar placing looks alright? we thought these are too much apart but just trusting the PB at this point.

The rebar/steel is not listed in you contract? It should be. Go measure the bigger ones then read your contract.

It does look like quite a bit of it has extra steel. I am seeing it right?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Can anyone help to make decision on plaster choices? We are confused between pebble finish Tropical isle and aqua blue by crystal scapes noble tile company. We want to go for light blue ocean like look and tropical isle seems better to us because it has blue beads however, tropical isle seems darker overall than aqua blue. Did anyone use any one of these and can give their feedback?

On a similar note, we are also thinking whether just to save 2K, we should go for basic plaster? How much of a difference these upgraded plaster bring to a pool overall? Did anyone go with basic plaster and recommend a color for true blue ocean look?

View attachment 64412

We went for this upgraded look and we love it however, was just thinking of pros n cons :)

Btw never occured to us to ask the PB, if we can use the same tile as waterline tile around rest of the pool. I think it would have looked bettter but not sure if PB had charged extra. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

I am unclear as to what you were asking for suggestions about. The same tile could certainly have been used around the pool however there would definitely have been an upcharge due to the use of the more expensive one inch tiles which also require more grouting.

Hi Sunsoul! I'm not completely clear on your questions, but with the picture, I think I can answer. I love the rolled edge on your spa! That not only looks beautiful, but it will be relaxing to rest against, too.

When you ask for suggestions, do you mean you would tear off the 6"x6" tiles on the pool area waterline and install the same 1x1's on the rolled edge? Or are you just wanting some reassurance? (I needed a lot of that during my pool build, so I understand!)

I think the 6"x6" tiles on the pool area look fabulous! They go perfectly with the spa mosaic tiles. It's a gorgeous look! Personally, I would have done just as it is now. By using the 1"x1" tiles on the waterline in the main pool area, you wouldn't get as much bang for the buck, because water will hide 3" or half of the line of tile there. Also, you would have had more maintenance with all the grout with the small tile. It won't be bad on the spa since there is much less tile there. Let me know if I've completely missed what you were asking (not uncommon for me!)

I noticed you have 3 threads regarding your pool build: one is your pool build thread, another is for pool finish, and another for this tile. I was getting a little confused earlier, because I wasn't sure these threads were for the same pool or the same person. I kept having to go back and check. I do see you have a link in your signature for your main pool build which is awesome, but I think to keep all of these questions together would be easier for those of us reading and for you, too. You'll have it all in one place. If you want to combine the three threads, just ask in a post here or on one of the other threads if a moderator will do that for you. They are always happy to make things a little easier.

You are going to have a gorgeous pool!!! Thanks for including us all on your build!

Suz

I am unclear as to what you were asking for suggestions about. The same tile could certainly have been used around the pool however there would definitely have been an upcharge due to the use of the more expensive one inch tiles which also require more grouting.
Thanks Jason for your reply. Sorry, for being not very clear as I'm really confused. Actually, we didn't want to add lot of extra cost so, we would not have paid extra for 1" tile as waterline tile. However, where I'm beating myself is that, we didn't even ask for it. Who knows they might have just added it without extra cost. Because I think, rolled edge spa didn't cost us much. They just asked us to pick 2 tiles (one for spa n one for pool) n it never occurred to us to ask, if we can use same for both. Also, I didn't realize how much I'll fall in love with these tiles but we will move on. Overall it looks good I think .:)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks suzvso much, you understood me. I think I wanted a reassurance as changing now would definitely cost extra. Thanks for some encouragement, looks like we will keep it.

can you also please give some suggestions on plaster choices that I posted?

I think you're going to be very glad the tile worked out this way. I can understand you really love the small tiles, but in the overall look when the pool and area are complete, changing the tile (even if willing) wouldn't have made any difference in the total look. Would you want to use the little tiles to trim steps or benches if you have any? Do you have a sunshelf to trim?

I'm having trouble finding the exact finish colors on NPT. It's getting more and more complicated with all the options for finishes and all the companies. So give me :
**Company name
**Line or specific group of finishes in that company (ex pebble tech, pebble sheen, etc)
**Exact color name

I'll be happy to find them and post some sample pictures if you would like.

While I work on that, if you could post directly on this thread the pictures you have in all your links above - like you did on the rolled edge spa with tiles picture. I'd rather spend my time finding sample pictures and researching rather than taking time to click back and forth to see what works best with everything. Having all your pictures showing on the thread itself is a huge help to us in helping you. Thanks in advance!

View attachment 64412

We went for this upgraded look and we love it however, was just thinking of pros n cons :)

Btw never occured to us to ask the PB, if we can use the same tile as waterline tile around rest of the pool. I think it would have looked bettter but not sure if PB had charged extra. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Hi Sunsoul, don't beat yourself up about not using the same tile in the spa and waterline of the pool. I think both tiles complement each other very well, and the 1x1s on the spa, with the rolled edge, really, make the spa a focal point. It really looks amazing!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.