Leaking from Filter

Sallie

May 16, 2008
Columbia, SC
Hopefully I can get this picture to post. I have two streams of water coming down the side of the filter. Don't know if this means anything, but we recently replaced the spider gasket because I was losing a lot of water, and it was going out the backwash line. Anyway, I did have a slight leak coming down the side of the filter before we replaced the gasket, which was several weeks ago. It never totally went away. Yesterday, I noticed it was a more steady drip than before. What do we need to do?

it appears to be coming from the head of the filter in the picture, have you tried tightening the screws the the collar? if you did and it still doesn't stop I would take the head off and check to make sure there isn't debris stopping the head from making a seal

Sallie, also have him check the o-ring that makes the seal - it may have been pinched, damaged or 'flattened' out preventing a positive seal.

A small drip can be dealt with for a little while, but a steady leak should be dealt with ASAP :wink:

When tightening the 2 bolts that retain the multi to the tank, tighten them evenly - ie., tighten 1 to be ~ 1/2" apart and then the other to be the same and then work back and forth, a few turns at a time on each side, keeping the distance between the 2 halves ~ equal while switching tightening the 2 sides, until they are fully tight. (a little convoluted explaination - but I hope you understand what I'm trying to express :) )

waste said:
Sallie, also have him check the o-ring that makes the seal - it may have been pinched, damaged or 'flattened' out preventing a positive seal.

A small drip can be dealt with for a little while, but a steady leak should be dealt with ASAP :wink:

When tightening the 2 bolts that retain the multi to the tank, tighten them evenly - ie., tighten 1 to be ~ 1/2" apart and then the other to be the same and then work back and forth, a few turns at a time on each side, keeping the distance between the 2 halves ~ equal while switching tightening the 2 sides, until they are fully tight. (a little convoluted explaination - but I hope you understand what I'm trying to express :) )

Just say tighten it as you would the nuts on a new car wheel a little on each so that it goes on even. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.