Algae Problem for the past 5 WEEKS 40K IG Plaster

Anthony Sylvan pool store is only 1/2 mile from my house (Anthony actually built the pool in 1991), ... they use a test system that utilizes a computer to generate the readings, ... after injecting sample water into individual pre-sealed test tubes that have the reactant already installed, they place each test tube in a scan device that has some sort of photo cell, and then the readings pop up on their computer monitor.

I can truly say they had not ever given me bad information for the past 17 years, ... but, ... obviously this year, I was given bad advice, ... maybe due to the severity of my algae problem!

Thanks for your input,

Ron

duraleigh said:
How are you testing the pool? Your own tests? If so, what type? Pool store tests?

reebok said:
the only glaring thing I see is CH. need to get that up a bit.
pool-school/recommended_pool_chemicals
pool-school/recommended_levels

I would agree. :goodjob:

If you find that you lose more than 2ppm of FC per day, consider increasing the CYA to 50 (DID SHE JUST SAY THAT AFTER ALL THE WATER I DRAINED??? :grrrr: :rant: ) :mrgreen: :wink: Entirely up to you...

I would advise you to get one of the recommended test kits so you are not relying on the pool store, so you are not subjected to possibly bad advice, so you can take total control of your pool. :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.