Went on Vacation for 10 days and Came back to a Sparkly Pool

Feb 2, 2008
Northwest Indiana
I went on vacation on June 19th...for the 10 days I was gone we had the hottest weather of the season...90+ degrees and huge humidity...When I came back My pool was perfect. Before I left I shocked up to 16 ppm FC, and cleaned the pool. I put the solar cover on and turned the solar heater off. I set the pump to run six hours per day and had my wonderful neighbor keep an eye on things. When I came back my pool was tested at 2.5 FC, 0 CC, and 7.2 pH...The PH came up after the kids swam in it and the cover was removed. TA was 130 and CH was 110. All I can say is that Thanks to BBB I can go on vacation and not worry about my pool...Now if I can go and not worry about my nasty not so wonderful neighbors whom I believe sabotaged my pool by lossening one of my hose clamps and pulling the hose from the heater allowing a few hundred gallons of water to drain from my pool...Luckily my wonderful neighbor caught it and shut the pump off before I would blow my pump. Anyone know where I can by a good motion senson light and camera unit? I want to bust my nasty neighbor really bad now...This is the final straw...I could deal with the dead rose bushes last summer, and the dead lilac bushes the year before...but the man messed with my pool! :grrrr: he must pay :hammer:

2 things I would do if possible..

1. Pack your Bags and family making sure you do it loudly to announce to your neighbors you are leaving. Leave and when out of sight, get out and have your family leave for the night someplace while you sneak back to your house and wait wait wait and hopefully they will do it again.

2. Do you have Wireless Internet and a Wireless router?? Get a Wireless Cam and position it to get a nice view of the pool area. Have it run 24/7 and it will record to your computer.. Deleting it daily if nothing happens.. Also get a cheap motion light at Home Depot / Lowes.. Set it up to face the area and put the highest wattage available to put in it for bulbs (Get Halogen, better white light). You can just set it up temporary somewhere safe with a extension cord or plug it in somewhere with a pigtail . Set the motion light to low sensitivity or adjust so that way it don't go off too soon and you wont get a clear shot with the webcam. This setup will allow for Night time capture. Remember the best place to put the light will be somewhere in the same direction as the Cam.. It is a Human natural instant (and animals too) to look at a light that just flashed on.. This way also, if he decides to come back and investigate by sneaking around to kill the lights and find the camera, it will be too late because your computer got him..

Yes, i have done something like this in the past and it worked.. :whoot:

This is where renting a Rottweiler would be nice! :mrgreen: Maybe even a couple of them. Now that would be funny! :lol:

sevver said:
They sell what you are looking for in a hunting camera. It even has night vision, motion activation, can record video or takes stills. Look for it at Gander Mountain or Cabelas.

That wouldn't work.. I have one.. Once it flashes the intruder will see it and take it with him.. A nice gift for him.. LOL

Sparkmaster said:
sevver said:
They sell what you are looking for in a hunting camera. It even has night vision, motion activation, can record video or takes stills. Look for it at Gander Mountain or Cabelas.

That wouldn't work.. I have one.. Once it flashes the intruder will see it and take it with him.. A nice gift for him.. LOL

My dad suggested the same thing...I need something that is inconspicuous. The guy is a creep but he is not stupid...He'd take that in a heartbeat...I want to nail him and then call the police!

gator.bigfoot said:
Have you tried X10.com? They sell all sorts of cameras, motion detectors and interfaces to VCRs for you to record just such a thing. They also have night vision cameras and interfaces to the net.

Cheers,
Walter
Walter,
yes I did go there and things were a bit pricey for me...I think the basic system was about $250 bucks, and I would have to get a wireless router for my computer and do the whole wireless thing. Not ready to spend that kind of money.

cubbybeave08 said:
Sparkmaster said:
sevver said:

My dad suggested the same thing...I need something that is inconspicuous. The guy is a creep but he is not stupid...He'd take that in a heartbeat...I want to nail him and then call the police!
I think they sell one that does not flash... not positive though. Maybe it does.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.