Filter line problems

sirnic

Jul 6, 2007
Ok here is my question I am having a migrane headache with this problem, When I turn on my filter I am getting a lot of air coming through the lines. I am new to pools but I know enough that this is not normal. I have tried to backwash it several time and restart but it is just not working. I called the "pool man" to look at it he tells me just needed a good backwash. I am still havin g the same problem after this idoit looked at it. Can anybody give me a clue as to what I can do on my own to 1 find the problem and 2 fix the problem? Thanks I really appreciate any help. Oh it is an inground pool hayword filter is new just put it on only used it 1 season.

sirnic - I cannot help you with your problem, however... welcome to TFP!

itabb - please start a new topic with your question/problem, as you will get better help that way... tagging onto a thread with "I have a similar problem..." just confuses things, and nobody gets a clear answer. Thanks!!

We mermaids have a short attention span, and one problem per thread is about all we can handle!! :-D :-D

Just like range said, suction side leak. 99 percent of the time it is either the lid gasket or the pipe glue melted on the pipe coming in to the pump. Rub some soap bubbles around there and you'll find it in no time. One note though, the filter is on the pressure side ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.