cartridges filter cleaning, my first time

jo66tr

Aug 10, 2008
I just cleaned my Clearwater cartridge filter yesterday for the first time and had a question about cleaning. When I spray the hose into it and look down inside the water coming through is murky brown. Shouldn't it be crystal clear on the inside when I am spraying through it? It has only been on the pool for 2 months. Thank you

Yeah I got it all clean I was just concerned that the water was coming through to the inside of the filter brown. I figured if it would go through while I was hosing it off that it would go through as it was hooked to the pool. Thought maybe my new filter was bad. Thanks

Are you taking it out of the filter to clean it? My instructions say to leave it in place to hose it off, but I don't, I remove it entirely so I can spray down the inside section too, and all that gunk doesn't go into the filter housing.

Yes I take the filter out, it is dirty when I spray from the outside of the paper and look down in the hole in the center while spraying. I figured that it should be clean when I spray water through it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.