Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: cartridges filter cleaning, my first time

1. Back To Top    #1

cartridges filter cleaning, my first time

I just cleaned my Clearwater cartridge filter yesterday for the first time and had a question about cleaning. When I spray the hose into it and look down inside the water coming through is murky brown. Shouldn't it be crystal clear on the inside when I am spraying through it? It has only been on the pool for 2 months. Thank you

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: cartridges filter cleaning, my first time

it gets dirty. not sure what you're asking. clean it until it's not dirty anymore. there are some tips at this link:
    how-to-clean-a-cartridge-filter-t4465.html
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

Nope that's normal. Keep hosing it off until you don't see gross brown water coming out of it. You won't get it super clean with just a hose, the instructions posted above will give you better results.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

4. Back To Top    #4

Yeah I got it all clean I was just concerned that the water was coming through to the inside of the filter brown. I figured if it would go through while I was hosing it off that it would go through as it was hooked to the pool. Thought maybe my new filter was bad. Thanks

5. Back To Top    #5

Are you taking it out of the filter to clean it? My instructions say to leave it in place to hose it off, but I don't, I remove it entirely so I can spray down the inside section too, and all that gunk doesn't go into the filter housing.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes I take the filter out, it is dirty when I spray from the outside of the paper and look down in the hole in the center while spraying. I figured that it should be clean when I spray water through it.