It's official. I am cursed.

Since I had my first ever pool installed last season, my pool barely reached 75F for only about 2 weeks time in early July. Last summer was cool and extremly rainy. I must have drained my pool 5 times during the months of June, July, and Aug. I battled Algae all season...

This pool season thus far is even worse. Here in New Hampshire, it's been consistantly rain/drizzle for over a month and a half straight. The average ambiest air temps are running 10-15F below normal!!!! My pool temp is struggling to get above 65F. I have had to drain my pool thus far 3 times. This is just pathetic :(

At least I can comment one positive note, I learned a LOT about how to keep my water quality balanced, and although my water temp is 65F, my water is crystall clear, and very clost to ideal balance! Sorry for the vent, but I am just soo friggin' aggravated after the HUGE $$ investment, and this is what I am facing AGAIN after a crappy previous pool season...

Polar_Bus said:
Since I had my first ever pool installed last season, my pool barely reached 75F for only about 2 weeks time in early July. Last summer was cool and extremly rainy. I must have drained my pool 5 times during the months of June, July, and Aug. I battled Algae all season...

This pool season thus far is even worse. Here in New Hampshire, it's been consistantly rain/drizzle for over a month and a half straight. The average ambiest air temps are running 10-15F below normal!!!! My pool temp is struggling to get above 65F. I have had to drain my pool thus far 3 times. This is just pathetic :(

At least I can comment one positive note, I learned a LOT about how to keep my water quality balanced, and although my water temp is 65F, my water is crystall clear, and very clost to ideal balance! Sorry for the vent, but I am just soo friggin' aggravated after the HUGE $$ investment, and this is what I am facing AGAIN after a crappy previous pool season...

LOL im with you.. I also live in NH (Concord Area) and covered and shut my pool down. Every few days to a week I run the pump on high and add more Shock to it and let it run for about 10 hours and off it goes again. I figured I rather labor on cleaning it once it gets warm around here compared to a high electric bill / propane bill for not even using the pool. Pool still is Crystal clear and according to the Weather forecast, its rain for another 4 or 5 days and highs only around mid 70's TOPS.

We don't have that problem here in SC. It is currently 99 outside (according to the computer). Our water temp is about 87. For everyone where summer is dragging it's heels to get there: I hope it gets there soon for you. Later, Calvin. :cheers:

Crazycalvin said:
We don't have that problem here in SC. It is currently 99 outside (according to the computer). Our water temp is about 87. For everyone where summer is dragging it's heels to get there: I hope it gets there soon for you. Later, Calvin. :cheers:

Calvin...Can we bring our pools to your house...ya got room? I need to swim... :hammer:

63, 2 inches of rain today, more tomorrow. Summer will never get here I'm afraid. Been weird June. Only had 6 days of full sun this month with no rain. July has to be better, but not starting out that way today! I'm just south of worcester, mass.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Right there with ya! We live in the Monadnock region. This really stinks. I think they are reclassifying New England as a temperate rain forest! I did some draining a week or so ago, brought it down a bit too much I thought at the time. Filled right back up again. The ferns, however, in the woods are doing marvelously.

Try some wetsuits and snorkeling equipment. Being in Detroit, I have the same weather as frustrated. Spent 10 straight weeks bareback getting a tan while doing landscaping projects starting March, 15. Opened the pool Memorial Day at 59 degrees and waited for the solar pannels to heat things up. Made it to 84 for the two days that the sun was out, and now approaching July 4th, back down to 76. Weird, this is the first summer I am spending inside on the lazyboy with a blanket. At least I did not have a tramp in my pool. lol

Same yucky spring here in the hills of WV. I spent a week doing a baquicil to bleach conversion towards the end of May and couldn't have asked for better weather. Now that my pool is gorgeous and sparkily, it has rained everyday since thien and the weather has dipped back into the low 70's...blah..the only enjoyment I'm getting out of it right now is looking at how clear it is staying, even with all of the rain! I do brave the cooler temps on the weekend to get in and vacuum it out. So here we go, a new month and more rain :grrrr: ...lol...I might just have to invest in a heater so I can swim until November to make up for lost time...lol

Ok The weather has been pretty miserable in NY as well, but the pool has been 75-80 for the past two weeks...an investment in a solar cover to prevent nightly heat loss and the one solar bear panel, has been the best money ever spent...kids have been swimming ever day, even in the rain...other than during the 4pm t-storm we have been having every day....I'm begining to think we could set our clocks by them, they have been so consistent :grrrr:

Today we will use our pool for the second time this season so I know exactly what you are talking about. Get a solar blanket. I keep my solar blanket on throughout the work week and it keeps my temperatures in the sweet zone. :mrgreen:

Update:
My water temperate was 83 degrees today. :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.