Aqua Trol Install Hoses

Jun 8, 2009
Hi Everyone, I am getting ready to install a new Aqua Trol SWG on my 27' round above ground pool, and had a quick question about hoses...

The Aqua Trol says to use 1.25" or 1.5" hoses to connect it. My current set up, a 1.5 HP Sta-Rite pump and sand filter, uses 2" hoses everywhere...

So I was wondering what my best option would be for hooking up the Aqua Trol: replacing all of the hoses with 1.5" or just the one from the filter to the return?

I just wanted to make sure that I won't be damaging my pump or filter by hooking up something that restricts the flow...

Thanks!
Daniel

I'm using the Aqua Trol after converting all my piping to 2 inch rigid PVC for my solar panels. I connected to the Aqua Trol with flexible couplers from Lowes (looks like radiator hose with hose clamps), hose barb fittings that screwed into schedule 40 PVC fitting adapters (1 1/2 to 2 inch). Works fine. I can post some pictures tomorrow if you'd like.

Kelly

Having the pipes narrow for a short distance only has a very small effect on the flow rate. You want to keep narrow portions of the plumbing short, to minimize the effect they have on the overall system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.