Vacation Plan

PaulR

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 11, 2009
Cupertino, CA
I'm about to be gone 11 days; here's what's happening.

Chlorine: Used the last 3/4 gallon or so of my 12.5%. An hour later tested again. The stuff is probably 6-8 weeks old and stored outside in the shed; per the test it has now degraded to about 10%. Not bad, considering. Bought a new round of 12.5% and put in another gallon; FC is now up to 13.5. Put three trichlor pucks in the floater; hopefully that will last. Previous trichlor use had my pH very steady so I'm not concerned about the acidic effect.

Water Level: Out here in The Land That Rain Forgot, it's pretty easy to predict the water level. I put in my usual monthly 1" (gotta love that solar cover) and won't worry about it again until August.

And at 9:30am tomorrow the shuttle picks us up. Maybe I should pack...
--paulr

Oh yeah, where I'm going... my daughter is in a youth chorus that will be participating in the Laulupidu Festival in Tallinn, Estonia later this week. They're also going to hit Helsinki, and that other St. Petersburg (in Russia). Ya ne znayu gavarit pa-russki ("I don't know how to speak Russian") but hopefully we can manage anyway.

Enjoy Paul..Pozdrav...hope you don't experience TFP withdrawl while your gone :shock:

Enjoy...and thanks for all you help...especially kicking off the Intex beginners Guide :goodjob:

The pool survived... came back to FC 3.0 and no sign of green, but the Polaris is busting its seams.

(And there are 4754 new posts since I left... y'all been pretty busy I guess!)

I'm a charter member of the I Hate To Travel Club but I've wanted to see Russia since I was, like, 15; the tour company made everything a snap, except for the 1:30am wakeup call to get on the plane back home. St. Petersburg is marvellous, from what I hear it's actually better than Moscow tourist-wise unless you're dead set on seeing the Bolshoi Ballet or something. The next project is wading through the 500+ pictures on the camera!
--paulr

Welcome home Paulr ! So glad you got to see Russia and came home to a clear TFP ! I would love it if you could share some of them with us when you get a chance. Maybe you could upload then to photo bucket or webshots with a link for those who want to go look !!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.