8-23-0813.jpg

8-25-0810.jpg

Rebar installation.
IMG_1691.jpg

Waterfall rebar.
IMG_1695.jpg

The waterfall contractor wondering "the owner said make it BIG"
IMG_1697.jpg

Equipment and plumbing, sorry about the fuzzy pics.
IMG_18582.jpg

The top lines are for the waterfall & the bottom lines are for deep heat line returns.
IMG_1860.jpg

I had the plumbing contractor run a seperate return to the waterfall so I can run heated water to the waterfall.
IMG_1859.jpg

Shotcrete.
IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

Shamu deck.
IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

The boy saying cool.
IMG_1890.jpg

The beginnings of the Manihorn. You'll understand when it's done.
IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

Here is what I saw when I got home, I said oh sh** he put the Manihorn in my backyard, should I have him paint white caps on the top. All kinding aside we love it.
IMG_2014.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

Coping & tile installed.
IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

Don't get dizzy, looking down off the waterfall.
IMG_2022.jpg

The little grotto under the waterfall.
IMG_2023.jpg

Plaster.
IMG_2131.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

The fill.
IMG_2139.jpg

That's it for now, I hope you enjoy as much as I have enjoyed all the photo I have seen here.

The pool looks great!

Picture #1 of you backyard looks identical to my backyard. I'm curious, what are the dimensions of your yard? And what are the dimensions of your pool?

Very nice but you can't tease us like that without giving us a shot of the pool full! :shock:

Thanks for the comments; sorry about the teaser at the end I promise to get some finished shots up soon. The dimensions of the space are approximately 35' X 45' and the pool is about 450 square feet, we wanted to tuck it in beside the garage and the pool room (located behind the garage) so we would still have a descent size backyard. The pool builder was Blue Fountain in Ontario, Ca and from start to finish was 8 weeks.

We have the same pool builder. Good to know you choose Blue Fountain also. I found my Sales /Designer to be very knowledgable. He gave me a design and quote on the first visit. We end up choosing Blue Fountain after going thru 5 pool builders design and proposal.

so 8 week of construction time.. I guess it is unrealistic to believe they can finish the construction part in 4 weeks like they tell me. My project is still in the permits stage for at lease 2 more weeks. I will have similar equipment except I opt to go w Intellichlor and EasyTouch 8p and Intellibrite LEDs.

How much was your waterfall option if you dont mind disclosing. I could still make changes in the plans since nothing started yet.

Hey fkong777, the timeframe was held up by the decking sub so they might be close to that, was Don your sales guy? He is the reason we went w/ BF pools. He was very adamant about not going w/ a SWG system, I will have to say that the Ozone system is junk and I have shut it off due to I think it eats up my chlorine as discussed here on the forum, but the deep heat returns work great. Also make sure when the plasterers come out that they put adjustable eyes on the returns, they just left mine straight pipe which I am not happy with. Overall I was pleased with BF every change we had they came through on and the Rock waterfall contractor was great Ishmael is his name. If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask, and good luck.

Tim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
thanx for the info. TRW. Yes Don is our sales guy. He was the only salesperson that was able to draw up our pool and give me the quote on the spot. all the other pool builder took 1 week to give us a quote. His design was our favorite from the begining. I would recommend him to friends in the future. He did push for the ozone gen, self chlorinator and mineral sanitizer too but I did my research here and opt for the intellichlor.

I like the rocks formation.. However Im afraid im at the limit of my budget to spare 5k.. I still have to contract a fence installer. He told me about 10K to add a waterfall and slide.

What is Deep heat return? and adjustable eye. I didnt get into that with don. We will be piped for solar also. Getting the Costco Solar heater package when construction starts.

fkong777,
We went with All-Safe fencing for the connivance of removal and the life time warranty. The deep heat returns are just regular returns but are place at the deep end and when you heat the pool via solar or gas it returns heated water to the bottom of the pool which IMHO helps heat it faster. The adjustable eyes are the returns to the pool which look similar to the ones found in spas.
Good luck on your build.
Tim

Hey Mats, thanks for the compliment. I was thinking you should start your own pool building business and revolutionize the process in Country. I have to say that your build have been very intriguing and I anticipate your post. I cant wait to see that final pic of you sitting around that pool and enjoying a frosty one. :cheers:

Tim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.