Water pups?

I don't know if my dog likes the pool or not, and I plan on keeping it that way.

He fell in once, while we were taking the winter cover off (he tried to walk across it), and I think that turned him off of the water. He goes on the pool deck, but never tries to get in the pool.

Most likely he would love the water if I got him to go into it. He loves the cold, and hates the heat. In the winter he likes to go on the frozen pool cover and lay sprawled out on the ice. He will do that for over over an hour before he wants to come back inside.

He is a very hairy, big, boy - over 90 lbs, shepherd / chow / golden mix. I really don't want him in the pool because of the hair, and because I worry about the liner. The hair I can deal with, but a hole in the liner is a big issue.

-dave

So many beautiful pups here [emoji7] My dog isn’t a swimmer. Maybe in summer he will decide to get in. He does love to come into the pool area with me and refuses to leave. He lies on the pavers and watches Jeff the robot do a cycle then stands at the gate to come out. I think they’re friend! Maybe they can swim together one day [emoji6]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.