got my tk 2006 today ready for my overnight test

Jun 27, 2009
davenport,iowa
i got my test kit today im pumped on getting this baby to next step which is clorine hold test and 0% cc? is this correct?water is clear now my question is is the 10ml water test more accurat than the 25ml one for fc and cc both? because seemed like i used more drops for bigger sample and got 2 different readings one was 10ppm and smaller test showed 11.5ppm do you use the same amount of dpd powder for both? any info would help.......thanks mike b in the quad cities of iowa :party:

For the FAS-DPD free and combined chlorine test you can use a 10 ml or 25 ml water sample. With a 10 ml sample each drop of titrant counts as 0.5. With a 25 ml sample each drop of titrant counts as 0.2. Doing the test with the larger sample size uses more titrant, but gives more precise results. The amount of powder is usually the same in either case. In either case, if the sample goes pink for a moment and then goes clear again, add more powder.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.