Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: got my tk 2006 today ready for my overnight test

1. Back To Top    #1

got my tk 2006 today ready for my overnight test

i got my test kit today im pumped on getting this baby to next step which is clorine hold test and 0% cc? is this correct?water is clear now my question is is the 10ml water test more accurat than the 25ml one for fc and cc both? because seemed like i used more drops for bigger sample and got 2 different readings one was 10ppm and smaller test showed 11.5ppm do you use the same amount of dpd powder for both? any info would help.......thanks mike b in the quad cities of iowa
    18ft 52in deep doughboy 8000 gallons
    22 in sand filter
    1 1/2 pump
    tk-2006 test kit that rocks!
    12.5% chlorine
    aqua critter vac

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: got my tk 2006 today ready for my overnight test

For the FAS-DPD free and combined chlorine test you can use a 10 ml or 25 ml water sample. With a 10 ml sample each drop of titrant counts as 0.5. With a 25 ml sample each drop of titrant counts as 0.2. Doing the test with the larger sample size uses more titrant, but gives more precise results. The amount of powder is usually the same in either case. In either case, if the sample goes pink for a moment and then goes clear again, add more powder.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School