Need feedback on this pump/sand filter

That is top notch equipment, but that pump is WAY more than you need for a pool your size. It will work, but you'll be paying $$ to run the pump. That being said, the filter is a good size, but you would be better off pairing it with a 1HP 2 speed pump or a 3/4HP pump.

We have a pool of similar size to yours and run a 1 HP Single Speed Hayward pump. It's still oversized for the pool, but we got a great deal on it off Craigslist.

HTH,
Adam

I know it sounds like a good deal...but the pump is way too big for an 18" filter...it will work, but your wasting electricity...your optimal setup would be a 21+" sand filter and nothing more than a 3/4hp pump...otherwise a 1hp 2speed...again you want the smallest possible pump and the largest filter you can afford

Just wanted to update on the pump/DE filter we bought in the post above this. IT IS AWESOME!!!! I got it up and running and vaccuumed the pool two nights ago...it removed ALL of the white powdery residue from all over the bottom of the pool. And didn't spew it back into the pool! I can feel the liner again like when we first set it up! I'm just amazed at what a difference a GOOD pump and filter can do for a pool..even just a cheap one from walmart. Hoping to make the pool itself last a couple more summers then invest in a doughboy or something. I'm actually ENJOYING the pool now for the first time in 3 years!!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.