Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 280 & PoolSkim device

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 280 & PoolSkim device

Anyone using a Polaris and Poolskim together successfully?

I was so excited to get my Poolskim, and boy does it ever work as advertised! I just love how it sucks up the blasted crape myrtle blossoms that fall into my pool like snow. But one small problem: My Polaris 280 keeps eating it!!! As my girlfriend told me: "Now it knows where it is...it's gunning for it!"

Dave
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 280 & PoolSkim device

I have this situation. The Polaris doesn't bother the Pool Skim, but occasionaly gets caught on the PVC pipe and gets stuck. Haven't found a cool solution yet.

Lee
    IG 24k plaster with overflow spa. Goldline PS-8 SWG. Tristar 0.75 HP filter pump, Polaris 280, large cartridge filter, 400k BTU NG Max-E-Therm HD, SR Smith Turbo Twister, Life Saver pool fence, ORP managed.

3. Back To Top    #3

The Polaris 280 is as bulletproof as it gets. Its hose rarely gets tangles. Its easy to run and remove from the pool. The hose should be coiled when removed to minimize it's foot print.
    I-poolproducts

4. Back To Top    #4

As it turns out the back wheel wasn't turning. Fixed it and now the Polaris gets stuck less often and when it does the backup valve frees it more often.

Lee
    IG 24k plaster with overflow spa. Goldline PS-8 SWG. Tristar 0.75 HP filter pump, Polaris 280, large cartridge filter, 400k BTU NG Max-E-Therm HD, SR Smith Turbo Twister, Life Saver pool fence, ORP managed.