My Experience at Aldi

tcpiii said:
I load 10 jars of bleach in my cart, along with several other items. As the cashier starts to add up the cost, she looks at me and asks, "Do you own a pool?"

Word is getting out!
Maybe the cashier is a member here also.

I have always known that bleach and chlorine are the same thing as far as sodium hypochlorite. I've added bleach to my pool when I ran out of chlorine and the fc got too low months before I found this site. I don't think it's some giant secret, but then I live in an area where chlorine is widely used (both residential and many many water parks in the area where chlorine is a huge potential hazard if some problem were to occur. also, pinch a penny's factory where they make their suncoast products {and trichlor tabs} was a few miles down the road from me before I moved.)
but I think a lot of it has to do with where you live also. people outside of florida or other liquid chlorine-rich states (I'm guessing california and nevada, arizona, I'm sure there are others) seem to find this approach novel because it's not common or doesn't exist in their areas. that said, I have found it interesting that relatively speaking, there are very, very few posters on here from florida. but large numbers from all over the south, midwest and even canada. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the pool store plan may suck, but they always recommend liquid chlorine for one reason or another (algae eradication, weekly shocking) and therefore people in florida have fewer problems than you guys getting sold "bags of shock", phos-free or what the heck ever those pool stores in other states push. I've never had a store here test phosphates, even when going in for the umpteenth time to get more "stop yellow", but some places apparently do it all the time.
anyway, let me stop here, this was basically a long way of saying bleach/chlorine works great, and another way to see that is by the relative few posters on here from florida (especially considering the amount of pools in the state compared to other areas).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.