A BIG Thankyou to all and TA lowering question

aqualicious

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Just wanted to say that I finally think I can take a deep breath and relax...thanks to this site. I honestly would be sooooo completely ignorant had it not been for this site and the handholding...so kudos to you all!

Yesterday I had 6FC and .8CC

After spending the evening maintaining a Level 13FC, my numbers at 10am this morning are

FC 10.5
CC less than .2
ph 7.6
TA 250

I think this is good, right?

I want to start tackling my TA and read and reread the article on it. According to calculator I should pour in 1L to go to 7.2PH. I'm a little nervous about going to 7.0 as I'm not that experienced yet with the PH scale. Will I still achieve good results?

On the bottles of MA it says to pour in and shut off pump for 12 hours....no bathers....

Am I correct in assuming that that can be ignored as I should be aerating with the pump going and kids splashing?

If so, how long after pouring MA in before you would allow kiddies to go swimming?

I would keep the kids out if you lower to 7.0 :goodjob: ...I know they can sometime provide plenty of aeration, but I still love 'em and would hate for their eyes to gett all stingy b/c I messed up a ma dosage.

Yes, don't turn the pump off.... wait at least an hour before swimming, and I agree, make sure the ph isn't too low.

How do you plan to aerate? Kids splashing probably won't be enough. Also point the eyeball return up so it breaks the surface.

A fountain would work better....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.