HELP! Jets so low they are really air/water enemas...

deanrinehart

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 28, 2009
Bethlehem, PA
So again I'm back to my plumber nightmare...this is the last issue (I hope).

Our spa jets were installed about 3" above the spa seats. At best they hit you just above the base of the spine (below lumbar though) and at worst...well...you understand. Add to this that the plumber installed 8 jets about 20" apart (too many too close), and two of the jets don't seem to get air (might just need more blower)...and I've got a wife who calls the spa "worthless." She wants the guy to pay us back $5,000 in addition to not paying him the $3000 outstanding for his work.

The issue is this (pay attention owner-builders) we had no contract with him...we had no specs on placement. This was all back when we thought we knew what we were doing but didn't. I think at this point it's a wash...he gets none and we get none. This was a calculated risk on both our parts and I think we both lost. Lesson learned.

However, I have a very disappointed wife. The jets are Hayward units I recently found out are not really for gunite use (sigh) and have aimable jets set back in a socket...

http://www.poolandspa.com/catalog/product004094000497.cfm

I was hoping the aimable part would help with the low placement, but it really doesn't. It looks like I could thread an eyeball on the outer part of the socket to push the jet output upwards, but it might involve some plaster rework. :hammer:

Anyone have any ideas about how to improve this? High cost is of course to abandon the jets in place, core drill new ones and start over, but that ain't happening. I'm hoping there may be a way to channel the jets more upward so they at least hit your back, or place something over the outlet to re-aim the flow.

'Elp!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.