Aquachek test strips

kenny

May 22, 2009
Florida
I'm using these strips to test my salt levels. The label says to read the top of white peak. Pool guy looking at the SWG today says to read the strip by seeing where the top of the white line is solid all the way across the yellow strip and read it from there, which is a lower reading. So is it where the white line narrows and peaks or is it where it's solid all the way across before it starts to narrow?

I use these strips too. I always go by the instructions, which say to read the peak of the color change. However, I've never noticed a huge vertical difference between the very peak and the point where the entire width of the indicator has changed. What difference are you seeing, and how does that convert to salt concentration? Is it less than 100 ppm? If so, I wouldn't worry about it. A compromise approach would be to read both numbers, and split the difference. As long as you're solidly over the minimum for your SWG, you'll be ok.

Personally, I'm more concerned about the fact that my Aqua-Rite says I have 2900 ppm, while the strips say I have over 3400...

correct point is top of the peak. I would not be surprised if the pool guy never read the instructions for the strips. Pool professionals seem to think they know everything even when they do not! (I, of course, am the exception to that rule! :cheers: )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.