Cooling the water off (please don't laugh)

stev32k

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
Mobile, Alabama
Here's my Rube Goldburg aerator. I used a vacuum leaf picker upper attached to my polaris booster pump. Then used duct tape to attach a noodle for flotation. The first try worked too well - it blew water all over the place and I was afraid I would empty the pool. The revision does not work nearly as well, but at least it's not watering the grass.

Attachments

• rev-1-with-pump.jpg
    rev-1-with-pump.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 558
  • with-pump.jpg
    with-pump.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 557
  • first-set-up.jpg
    first-set-up.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 557
You might be able to get one of those flow restrictors for the hose at a Home Depot or similar place and place it between the hose and the vaccum head to decrease the flow of water and keep more of it in your pool. Not sure if you have seen them before or not. They are little discs with a small hole in it and you place it in the female end of the hose where the O-ring is and then just screw the hose on like normal.

I found a new location for the fountain - braced against the ladder with the water stream aimed diagonally across the pool. This kept the water in the pool. I let it run all night last night and the water temperature dropped by 12 degrees from 92 to 80 F.

Attachments

• new-location-1.jpg
    new-location-1.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 379

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would be in trouble with water at 80 degrees. Ha. The wife and kids like it closer to 92 and at times still complain about it being chilly. Myself, I like it closer to 85 degrees.

Your fountain looks cool. I have a store bought model myself that connects to the return and makes a nice fountain of water with adjustable height. It has a bypass that can adjust to wide open or fully closed depending on how tall you want the fountain to be. My PH rise was not affected much by the fountain after I got all my number right; sounds like your in the same situation. Good job.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.