Pictures of pool stuff

Mar 29, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I was wondering if it would be a good idea to have a sticky or subforum that had pictures of
some of the things that we talk about and refer to here all the time, especially for the newer pool
owners like me, it really helps make the connection ... things such as

1) A typical Gunite pool
2) Gunite finishes
3) vinyl pool
4) the different kind of aboveground pools, ie. doughboy, intex, etc
5) filters (DE, sand, Cartridge)
6) pumps, booster pumps
7) different valves
8) SWCG's
9) pool decks (concrete, stamped, interlock, etc,)
10) different stones used around a pool
11) different plants and trees
12) kreepy krawly's, suction/pressure/robot vacs
13) typical chemicals used in BBB (clorox, borax, acid)
14) Lights
15) testing kits
16) types of algae
17) pictures of types of stains
18) typical water problems (the different states of cloudyness we all encounter)

the list goes on and on

This is obivously a long term project, thoughts?

Seems like a good idea to me...

You might could even have a "good example" and a "bad example".... if you dare.

You gonna post all these pics in one thread, or you think you can get Sean to create a Forum called Pool Stuff Pics?

Those canucks.... smarter than we give em credit fer..... sometimes.

Long winters?

yea, we have nothing better to do that eat whale blubber, snowmobile, curling and pool ideas.

I was thinking of a seperate forum and in that forum you would have multiple posts each titled with a
different category.

Click here for gunite pools

Click here for Filters

Click here for types of algae

etc etc

what do you think sean? is this too much work and will it take up too much space?

I started a thread a long while back about people posting pictures of their various types of decks so people could see the options and got very little participation.

I tend to think people won't add the pictures you are hoping for, but I could be wrong. Feel free to start a thread and ask for whatever pictures you like and we'll see what happens.

I guess we can start small... one that I think would be helpful is algae.
I always hear, green, mustard, black, white tissue mold, it would be good to see
some samples so I can compare it to what may be happening in my pool.

is there a good place to post such a thread. It would be good to keep them all in one spot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think this is a great idea. Especially because I think many of the people who are sharing their tales of woe have actually battled something other than what they thought.

In a gardening forum that I visit they have a thread that ask for pictures of HVX infected Hostas. The thread has over 100 replies back. Some posting the Hosta plants that also have the virus...and other examples (that are just as helpful) are people who posted their pictures that were not infected.

I'll do what I can to help CC. But my pool is always so sparkling clear ;) I guess it must be a trouble free pool :D

dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.