Gorilla Pad Over or Under Foam L-Coves?

I'm using 1" of Screenings and a little over 1" of sand instead of 2 inches of sand. (I like the way the screenings pack down). The 1" of screening and 1" of Sand is sitting on top of my base which is appx 5-6" of well compacted screenings. (I have very rocky soil).

So it will be:

(from bottom to top)

Screenings
Masonry Sand
Gorilla Pad
Cove on top of Gorilla Pad.

(I'm also using wall foam)

Since the pad is sized for my pool, I'll be doing the cove on top of the pad (which is how I believe most people install it.

What is Screening?

I used 2-8 inches of stonedust (pulverized granite) compacted with a commercial plate compacter. I also have rocky soil and removed a lot of rocks (hence the inconsistent depth of base.

I mighht order a small amount of sand to spread out. The stonedust is ok but not as fine as mason sand. I just don't want to increase the depth any since I already put and partially filled on this liner I'm installing with.

I see pictures online of both above and below regarding the cove and pad. Asked 2 different pool stores and got 2 different answers too. Hence my posting the question. Sometimes it is better to ask real people with real pools. :-D Sounds like it can be done both ways though.

I am not doing wall foam but would like to. All of the pool stores are telling me I would have to order it though so I never pursued it. Looks like it is just poly foam. Same that is used as underlayment for laminate flooring?

-Brian

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.