Filter CARTRIDGE Direction?

dpool

Sep 20, 2007
My C900 Hayward filter cartridge is identical on both ends.

Does it matter if I put it in the same direction each time? Or should I switch it up and put it in one way one time then the other way the next time. Would it make a difference? Does it matter?

I can tell if it is up or down by the word HAYWARD on the bands around the medium.

dpool

some carts are identical on both ends and it doesn't matter which way they are inserted. Others have different endcaps on either end and have to be inserted one way. Check your manual!
Sometimes the cart itself will say "this end up" as is the case with my Pentair filter.

waterbear said:
some carts are identical on both ends and it doesn't matter which way they are inserted. Others have different endcaps on either end and have to be inserted one way. Check your manual!
Sometimes the cart itself will say "this end up" as is the case with my Pentair filter.

Hey I have a pentair ccp320 (uses 4 cartridges) last time I looked I didnt notice any "this end up my cartridges" they apear to be perfectly cylindrical. How often to you replace your cartridges and how do you know besides seeing an obvious hole in them. Does the pressure stay high even after you clean and thats your quide? Lastly since you did all the work where is the best place to get replacement cartridges for our Pentair?

Oh I know I said lastly but one more question do you ever get dirt returning to the pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.