Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ideas to clean pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Ideas to clean pool

Last week my pool was getting green. I shocked for 2 days untill my cc were under .5 and overnight FC loss was minimal.

My current numbers

FC = 10
    CC = 0
    PH = 7.2
    TA = 160
    CYA= 70

My pool looks clean to the eye. when I brush the sides and bottom I get a cloud of what I assume is dead algae.

The cloud seems to resettle to the bottom quickly and i dont think the pump and filter is catching the majority of it.
    I only have 1 inlet and 1 return on the side of the pool

any idea how to collect the dead algae quicker.
    And is the water safe to swim in with the dead algae present
    INTEX ULTRA FRAME RECTANGULAR POOL SET, 32' x 16' x 52", Water Capacity (90%): 14,364 Gallons
    Intex Easy Set 4000 gph Filter Pump, 110~120 Volts - 3/4 HP , Hayward c751 star clear filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ideas to clean pool

I would try vacuuming it up.

Yes, it is safe to swim.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

We put pantyhose in the skimmer basket and vacuum....It collects alot of the debris....

4. Back To Top    #4

Ill try vacuuming. after the first day using the one that came with the pool i vowed never to use that piece again.

I bought a pool blaster max but the net is way to pourus for this stuff.

So I will break my vow and try the intex vacuum again.
    INTEX ULTRA FRAME RECTANGULAR POOL SET, 32' x 16' x 52", Water Capacity (90%): 14,364 Gallons
    Intex Easy Set 4000 gph Filter Pump, 110~120 Volts - 3/4 HP , Hayward c751 star clear filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

I'd make sure the filter cartridge was fresh and new before vacuming again. IF you had green water - you probably had a lot of crud and those filters are meant to be disposed of in 1 week with "normal" conditions.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

6. Back To Top    #6

I actually upgraded the filter. And when I cleaned it it was pretty filthy.

You are right though intex filters are worthless I had to change the filter daily with heavy pool usage.