algae ?

Barry J

Jun 28, 2009
Got back from a weeks vaca, and the pool is green, had rain cont. for the week before we went on vaca and while we were on vaca. Before I left slight green around the edges. I shocked the pool with half gallon of liquid shock and some algaecide. Put a chorine tab in the skimmer, and my Dad put one in three days latter. Now, came back to total green on bottom..vacuumed botton of pool, backwashed then brushed the sides down, as I vacuumed the pool slowly became cloudy..then of course when I sweep the sides , total cloudiness. Went got some more shock and algaecide, put that in and put some solution to clear cloudy pools from the dealer. Ran the filter overnight and woke up to still a cloudy pool...now what...more shock???

Specifically, you need to read How to Shock your Pool, Defeating Algae, and Read This Before you Post.

Chlorine, at the appropriate levels will defeat algae. Algaecide is more of a preventative and we really don't find it necessary except in specific situations. Sounds like they sold you a clarifier, which also is probably unneccessary.

If you still have questions after reading those articles, we're here to help. :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.