Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa/Pool Drainage

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa/Pool Drainage

Spa drains part way once the pool motor/pump automatically shuts off. Any ideas why
    9' Bestway Inflatable Ring Pool (Soup Bowl Style)
    Above Ground, 761 gallon
    1/32 HP Pump, Cartridge Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Spa/Pool Drainage

Welcome to TFP,
    Mine does the same thing. Its normal will drain to the same level as the pool
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

3. Back To Top    #3

There should be a check valve on the return line going to the spa. If that check valve is missing or isn't working the spa will drain down to the level of the pool any time the pump is off.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    There should be a check valve on the return line going to the spa. If that check valve is missing or isn't working the spa will drain down to the level of the pool any time the pump is off.
    Thanks, I am going to have to check this just started recently, and I don't believe there is a check valvr but there are several 3 postion valves .
    9' Bestway Inflatable Ring Pool (Soup Bowl Style)
    Above Ground, 761 gallon
    1/32 HP Pump, Cartridge Filter