Crack in Main Drain Cover! Updated Pics

reindeerboy

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2008
Jamestown, ND
I noticed yesterday that there is a small couple cracks in the cover of the main drain. I didnt dive down to actually look, but thanks to BBB, I an see it from above the water that there are a couple small cracks in it. I really dont have the money this year to fix it as I just replaced all of the equipment on the pool pad for $3000. I dont think that the cracks are a big deal as long as nobody goes down and messes with it.

Rule around my pool is that anyone around the main drain that messes with it gets a sharp kick in the butt from my size 11 foot! :grrrr:

I think its just worn out over the years. I think I could get by just fine for a number of years and then get a replacement cover and have it replaced. The 2 screws are rusty anyway due to the previous owners not getting the proper good quality screws and I most likely will hire someone with scubba gear to head down there to fix it. My PB says they can do it during the summer next year if I want and I probably will start saving some cash now to get that done.

My question is if its a big deal? Not an issue about leaking, its just more of knowing that there is a crack in it is all.

On a positive note the pool is 78-80 and is wonderful! :party: The pics are a month old and I just painted the patio over and will try to post some more updated pics later today!

Thanks everyone!

Re: Crack in Main Drain Cover! Also posted some pics of my Pool

Thanks. I forgot to get pics today after I painted the cement patio. Too busy enjoying the pool with the neighbors! :party:

Pool was 84 today. It was Awesome! I did dive down and their are two small cracks in the cover. Looks like I can just unscrew the 2 bolts and replace the cover. May need to borrow some diving equipment if I decide to tackle this myself! What do you all think? Never done anything like that before!

Luckily, I never had Mustard Algae Rubygrrl! I know you will get it! Just follow the instructions on this site to keep up the FC levels to shock the He!! out of it and you will git r done! Oh and brush brush brush! :goodjob:

I will try to post some updated pics tomorrow as it looks like it should hit 80 outside and sunny! Later everyone!

Re: Crack in Main Drain Cover! UPDATED PICS

Had some time to dive down and look and one crack is just a black skid mark. The other crack is superficial I think. Boy, Hard to hold my breath that long at 8' deep. Have to keep practicing so that I can try again another night.

If it is cracked, does anyone know how much a 8" or so cover would run me for the main drain?

I also updated some nice pics of the pool since I finished the pool painting and complete pad upgrade on the equipment.

Enjoy! I sure have been. Pool temp is 84 and really beautiful weather! Should turn out to be a great 4th of July as well. :party: :rockon: :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.