Glad I waited on a solar cover

May 17, 2009
Jasper, TN
New pool (to us) this year. Has been up since mid May. Kids have been in it since even though it was too cold for me. Water temp was around 70 on average. So I had been looking for a good price for a solar cover but just didn't follow through. Now for the last couple of weeks, water temp has been 85 and been a steady 95 deg for the last few days. Now I wish there was a way to COOL the water LOL

There is. A pool fountain, run in the evening or at nite cools it down fast. The aeration can cause PH to rise, so you have to be prepared for that. I believe it also speeds up evaporation, requiring you to add water too. Sort of a trade off.

You might still consider the solar cover anyway. It will help extend your swim season to a degree when things start cooling off because it will help keep the water warm as temperatures fall at night when you get into the later months. Food for thought. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.