Is a very low Combined Chloramine level tolerable?

Lana537

LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Hello everyone~~

The new SWG has settled in and leveled off, from a very high level of 25 a few weeks ago to keeping us at an FC level of 5 or 5.5, and we are in the later stages of lowering the TA. Things are humming along nicely, thanks to everyone at TFP.

I've been doing twice-daily tests. For Combined Chloramines, I always have a positive indication, although it is a very, very pale bit of pink, which is instantly dispatched with the single drop of R-0871.

Pool water is sparkly-clear, no sign of anything growing anywhere, very few leaves are landing in the pool. Bather use is low--just me (clean and showered) splashing, swimming, and generally aerating/exercising for less than 2 hours a day.

My question is: Is a very low level of CC a tolerable thing and OK to live with, or should one be intolerant and shock the pool?

Thank you very much~

Lana

Sounds like it's .5 ? If it's .5 or less its nothing to worry about - higher than that and you should shock, or if the solar cover is frequently used, leave that off more during the day so the sunlight can work on the CC.

Reebok and FPMom,

Thank you for your links and answers. I am not the brightest bulb in the box, and I often get confused and turned around and lost on this site looking for information which is just one more click away. :oops: So thank you for your patience and your helping me along!

Lana

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.