The new SWG has settled in and leveled off, from a very high level of 25 a few weeks ago to keeping us at an FC level of 5 or 5.5, and we are in the later stages of lowering the TA. Things are humming along nicely, thanks to everyone at TFP.
I've been doing twice-daily tests. For Combined Chloramines, I always have a positive indication, although it is a very, very pale bit of pink, which is instantly dispatched with the single drop of R-0871.
Pool water is sparkly-clear, no sign of anything growing anywhere, very few leaves are landing in the pool. Bather use is low--just me (clean and showered) splashing, swimming, and generally aerating/exercising for less than 2 hours a day.
My question is: Is a very low level of CC a tolerable thing and OK to live with, or should one be intolerant and shock the pool?
Thank you very much~