Totally converted to BBB

May 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I like the BBB method. But I wasn't ready to jump in all the way yet. I needed to make my CYA higher, and had some pucks laying around, so I thought, why not use those? I used them for about 2 weeks. It messed everything up! I have been lowering my TA, but with the pucks, the Ph keeps dropping, so I can't add more Muriatic Acid. I had to add some more tap water because of splash out, and when i retested my TA, it had gone back up from 100 to 120 !! Argggg. And still low Ph.

So now I totally believe in BBB. My friends and family always comment on how the water feels nice, and there's not that much chlorine in it, because they can't even smell it. I try to explain that smelling it has nothing to do with the ppm of chlorine. It's kind of hard to explain easily, without going into too much detail, so I usually just end up telling them it's complicated, but it's all about water balance. Then they comment on how I've become such an expert. Thanks to all of you guys!!! I love knowing what's going on with my water, and take control. :whoot:

So after the failure of the pucks, I bought some stabilizer at the store. I put it in a sock (didn't really know what kind of sock, so ended up using one of my DH's tube socks), and was amazed that it was all gone this morning. Now as soon as I can get my TA to about 80, I am excited to add borates. I'm getting closer and closer to my goal of perfect test numbers. Thanks for all your help! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.