What's Everybody Doing on the Fourth?

Sallie

May 16, 2008
Columbia, SC
My husband is a musician, and he's playing outdoors at a military thing on a lake. It looks like I will stay home and keep the grandkids, ages 6 and 3. If the weather's nice, the three of us will be in our pool all day. BTW, you guys just got me through a mess with the pool, and now I feel confident in taking care of my pool for the first time ever. I'm obsessed now. I read the forum every day, several times a day.

Every year we visit member CubbyBeave, their town puts on a great old-fashioned parade and then Mrs. Beave puts on a grand cookout.... Jr. Beave puts on an excellent fireworks display in the front yard, and just as he's ending, the town's display at the local fairgrounds can be viewed in the distance. A great time....Can't wait!

everyone's coming here & i'm just prayin for decent weather since we're in the pacific nw. we've got almost 4 acres so plan to do lots of fireworks, barbq all kinds of stuff plus the usual "frog stew" have no idea why somebody named it that (no frogs) it has shrimp in the shell, scallops, chunks of corn on the cobb, kielbasa sausage chunks, seasonings, great for a crowd. plus we'll do salmon & ribs..& tent city for anyone who wants to stay overnite!

colormesummer said:
all kinds of stuff plus the usual "frog stew" have no idea why somebody named it that (no frogs) it has shrimp in the shell, scallops, chunks of corn on the cobb, kielbasa sausage chunks, seasonings, great for a crowd.
Sounds like SC's Frogmore Stew (a/k/a Low Country Boil & Beaufort Stew).....and....no frogs :p

I like the addition of scallops in your recipe... sounds rich! :-D

We'll be having fun with the pool and the other form of BBB: Beer, Barbeque, and Brats (the offspring version and not the linked meat version). :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.