Any ideas how to fix Check valve threaded coupler?

Mar 21, 2008
I've had a crack in threaded coupler (if that is what you call it? ) on my check valve (I assume this is to stop black flow to the solar panel on the roof) for a few years but it finally gave out on my today, as you can see below.

check_valve.jpg

Is my only option to cut the 90 out and replace that section or is there an easier way? I'm headed to the pool store in the am but wanted to know my options before I go.

The left hand side is fine and I don't want to touch anything on that side if I don't have too.

Any recommendations or tricks of the trade that may save me some money and more important my sanity?

Also when I took the valve apart, the spring was off, and it appears that the nut on the other side was missing so this valve has not been "working" for a while. Not that I've had any problems that I know of from the solar panels, air, or anything else....

Thanks in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.