Doughboy built in steps and burying

We are looking to install an oval AGP on our lot which slopes away from the house.

We have a bobcat and 12 acres, so we can do the excavating, but still are undecided about the option of burying the pool or just building a wood deck flush with the slope so that we can access all around the pool. Part of me thinks the doughboy is too much money (and getting close to the price of an inground kit).

One thing I really like the look of are the doughboy doughboy inground steps http://www.doughboy-pools.com/ - have any of you installed these?

We're really quite confused with all of the options...

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Hi techgirl, The website does not give a person much to go on as to how these would be installed. I have a very good idea but would sure like to see the instructions that come with them.

I have never installed these on an above ground pool but have dealt with steps on a regular basis in the in-ground vinyl pools I have worked on. They can be the cause of a lot of problems if not installed perfectly.

I would stay away from these and go with the in-pool steps.

Dennis

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.