Outdoor Bleach?

dlduvall

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Feb 22, 2009
West Virginia
At my local Lowe's, they sell both Red Max and Chlorox brand "outdoor" bleach. I cannot find the strength listed on either bottle. They must be some kind of concentrate, because it lists instructions on how to dilute it for various projects. Anybody know if this is 10% or some other strength? Its a little more expensive than regular bleach, but might be worth it if its a higher concentration. Am I missing something?

I just went to Clorox.com and read the MSDS it states the concentration of sodium hypochlorite as 5-10%. That seems really flaky to me. Is it 5 or 10? You said that the strength wasn't listed on the bottle so I'd assume it was 5%.

Bama Rambler said:
I just went to Clorox.com and read the MSDS it states the concentration of sodium hypochlorite as 5-10%. That seems really flaky to me. Is it 5 or 10? You said that the strength wasn't listed on the bottle so I'd assume it was 5%.

I find that weird also. my only guess is that they mfr it at 10% and list the minimum level including degradation as 5%. chem geek probably knows.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.